Evaluative Mediation is the terms applied where mediators use their expertise to guide the parties. It is well suited to the hard realities of the land, property and construction industries and now forms part of the RICS’s ACRE Model of Mediation delivering a process that is - Analytical, Commercial, Restorative and Expert.
John’s talk will consider:
• the history and development of the evaluative approach
• its strengths and weaknesses
• the specific techniques used in it
• setting the boundaries of the process
• writing and delivering a recommendation
John Fletcher was born in South Africa and took his B Com LLB from Rhodes University and his M Phil and PhD from Cambridge. He practised as a barrister at the Johannesburg Bar for ten years in civil litigation and arbitration. He is the ADR Products Group Director of the RICS and is responsible for RICS’s global Dispute Resolution Services (DRS) including arbitration, adjudication, dispute boards, mediation and expert witnesses